Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Danish Alumnus Joins WFC Board of Directors

When Jes Munk Hansen joined WFI as the Danish Fellow in 1994, he hardly imagined that one day he would sit on the organization’s Board of Directors. Jes became the first alumnus to be voted in as a board member, and he is eager to contribute. "As a former Fellow I know the value of having senior executives on the Board who can guide the center and open doors for the activities and the interns at WFI," he says.

Jes has come a long way in the past fifteen years since he researched shipping projects and pricing for special forest products at WFI. He completed his Masters in forestry at the University of Copenhagen, as well as an MBA from London Business School. In 2000 he joined Grundfos Group, a company which develops, sells and produces pumps. Although Grundfos is not in the forest industry, his business and management training plus forestry’s long term perspective prepared him well. "I am looking forward to reconnecting with my background in forestry,” says Jes, “an industry which will always be close to my heart."

"I am very exited to rejoin WFC. The World Forest Institute was fundamental in getting my personal career started - now I want to contribute to further develop this great institution."

No comments: